CIS 321 Week 1 Milestone 1
This Tutorial contains following Attachments:
- CIS 321 - Week 1 - Case Study.doc
- CIS 321 - Week 1 - Milestone 1 - Solution.doc
CIS 321 Week 1 Milestone 1
In this milestone, you will prepare a Request for System Services Form, which is the trigger for the Preliminary Investigation Phase. Also, you will use fact-finding techniques to extract and analyze information from an interview to determine project scope, level of management commitment, and project feasibility for the Equipment Check-Out System (ECS). With these facts and facts obtained from the Case Background, you will have the necessary information to complete the Problem Statement Matrix. Refer to the ECS Case Introduction in the Case Project page.
After completing this milestone, you should be able to:
• Complete a Request for System Services form, which triggers the preliminary investigation phase.
• Analyze a user interview and extract pertinent facts, which can be used to assess project feasibility.
• Complete a "Problem Statement Matrix documenting the problems, opportunities, or directives of the project.
Before starting this milestone, the following topics should be covered:
• The scope definition phase — Chapters 3 and 5
• Project management (optional) — Chapter 4
The Maintenance Department receives computing support from the GB Manufacturing Information Systems Services Department (ISS). You are to assume that you work as a systems analyst with ISS.
You have been asked by Dan Stantz to analyze and design the Equipment Depot system to manage equipment check-in and check-out. In this assignment you first need to assist Dan Stantz in preparing a "Request for Systems Services." Secondly, by analyzing the interview transcripts, you will determine the feasibility of the project, level of management commitment, and project scope by using fact-finding techniques and the necessary communication skills to compose the "Problem Statement Matrix."
Mr. Stantz was gracious enough to allow us to record our interview session, and Exhibit 1.1 is a copy of the transcripts. Refer to the "Case Background" above and to the interview transcript in Exhibit 1.1 for the information necessary to complete the following activities.
1. To complete the Request for System Services Form, use information from the case background. Make assumptions where necessary.
2. To complete the Problem Statement Matrix Form, use the interview with Dan Stantz and the case background for the basis of your information. Make assumptions where necessary. Place yourself in the shoes of Mr. Stantz. Which problems do you believe have the highest visibility, and how should they be ranked? Try to determine the annual benefits. State assumptions and be prepared to justify your answers! Finally, what would be your proposed solution based on the facts you know now?
Deliverable format and software to be used are according to your instructor’s specifications. Deliverables should be neatly packaged in a binder, separated with a tab divider labeled “Milestone 1”.
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
A B C D F
Enter the code in the box below: