ECO 305 Week 4 Assignment 1 International Economics Latest
This Tutorial contains following Attachments:No Attachments
ECO 305 Week 4 Assignment 1 International Economics NEW
Assignment 1: International Economics
Due Week 4 and worth 240 points
Go to the United States Department of Commerce’s Website, located athttp://www.commerce.gov/, and research information on the U.S. trade with China, industrial and environmental policies, emerging market’s economic power, and trade regulations.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Examine the U.S.’s rationale for trading with China using the comparative advantage theory.
- Explain the manner in which industrial policy could create a comparative advantage. Provide one (1) example of industrial policy creating a comparative advantage to support your response.
- Examine the major effects that environmental regulatory policies may have on comparative advantage.
- Identify and analyze two (2) threats posed by developing countries to the developed nations and recommend remedies.
- Compare and contrast the effects of import quotas, voluntary export quotas, and tariff-rate quotas.
- Use at least two (2) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other similar Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain the concept of comparative advantage and the principle theories of why trade occurs.
- Analyze the sources of comparative advantage in national economies and the international movement of productive factors to identify business opportunities/threats.
- Explain the economic effect of tariffs, nontariff barriers, and various forms of trade policies adopted by national governments.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in international economics.
Write clearly and concisely about international economics using proper writing mechanics
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
A B C D F
Enter the code in the box below: