LEG 440 Week 4 Assignment 2 Competition Requirements Latest
LEG 440 Week 4 Assignment 2 Competition Requirements NEW
Assignment 2: Competition Requirements
Due Week 4 and worth 150 points
Federal Acquisition Review (FAR) Part 15 – Negotiations states “Exchanges of information among all interested parties, from the earliest identification of a requirement through receipt of proposals, is encouraged.” When planning a competitive solicitation, the agency must provide needed information in order to develop a thorough request that takes into account the agency’s objectives for quality, schedule and costs.
Imagine that you are a contracts officer for the Internal Revenue Services, and your supervisor has tasked you with the procurement of a new software system for processing tax returns.
Review the Proposal Adequacy Checklist.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
1. Analyze the proposal adequacy checklist for organizing a proposal, and summarize the intrinsic value of two (2) of the suggestions on the checklist. Prepare and articulate an argument in support of your position.
2. Debate whether or not the offeree should let an offeror’s mistake within a proposal go uncorrected, even if such action would cause the offeror to withstand a loss. Suggest one (1) judicial remedy available to the offeror to prevent his / her loss. Provide an argument in support of your position.
3. Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia does not qualify as an academic resource.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Distinguish between the various types of contracts and considerations for use.
• Explain how to use the administrative and judicial processes available for contract dispute resolution.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in procurement and contract law.
• Write clearly and concisely about procurement and contract law using correct grammar and mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills. Click here to access the rubric for this assignment.