POS 433 Week 1 UNIX and Linux Comparison Matrix LATEST
This Tutorial contains following Attachments:
- POS 433 Week 1 UNIX and Linux Comparison Matrix.doc
POS 433 Week 1 UNIX and Linux Comparison Matrix NEW
Unix® and Linux® Comparison Matrix
Name three versions of Unix
Name three versions of Linux
1. Red Hat Enterprise Linux
2. Suse Linux Enterprise Server
Describe 3 major differences between Unix and Linux
1. Licensing; Linux is all GPL, while UNIX varied between commercial and BSD license
2. Users: Linux originally developed for home users while UNIX was developed for servers.
3. Filesystem: Standard FS on Linux is EXT(3/4) while varies on UNIX from JFS2 to UFS2 to ZFS.
4. Linux, technically, is not an OS, UNIX is. Linux is a kernel, surrounded by packages.
Which of the following is not a UNIX or Linux variant
Technically I think you want C: DOS, though I would argue that DOS is a ripoff of CP/M which itself was very much akin to UNIX.
Use the command to change directory locations.
Use the command to delete a directory.
C: rmdir, though this will only work if the directories are empty. Rm –rfdir works otherwise.
Which of the following are text editors? (Choose all that apply.)
A and B : Though why anyone would choose emacs over vi is beyond me. ls lists dirs., and cat displays a file, but you specified ‘editor’.
The command creates a directory named winchester in the root directory.
a. mkdir /winchester
b. mkdir ../Winchester
c. mkdir \winchester
d. md /Winchester
A. / specifies root, and UNIX is case sensitive.
The command allows you to change directory locations to a child directory named child1.
a. mkdir ƒ child1
b. cdƒ ../ child1
c. cd child1
d. cdƒ /
The command that deletes a file.
C: The only one that is for file removal.
The command displays your present working directory.
The system directory contains the Linux kernel.
A: /boot, generally.
The in the vi editor allows you to save and quit the program.
A: write then quit.
The command to rename a file is .
A: mv and D: rename which has been available since 2000.
The command to make a duplicate of a file.
B: cp, for copy.
16. In vi, the command to change to insert mode is:
C: i. which inputs text before the cursor and B: O works as well to insert a newline before current line, and A: o for newline after current line.
17. In vi, the command to remove a character is:
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
A B C D F
Enter the code in the box below: