SOC 331 Week 1 Quiz
- Price : $20.00 | $15.00
- SOC 331 - Week 1 - Quiz.docx
SOC 331 Week 1 Quiz
Question : “War” comes from a German word that originally meant
2. Question : Some scientists claim that there is no need to worry about global warming. What is one argument made in support of this view?
Alarmism will bring down taxes.
Carbon dioxide does not contribute to pollution.
Alarmism will reduce academic research on climate change.
Carbon monoxide is not a pollutant.
3. Question : What percentage of the world’s services can be delivered from anywhere, thanks to the Internet?
4. Question : According to virtue theory, morality is a matter of
Obeying a rule.
Acting from duty.
Habitually knowing the good and doing the good.
Producing the greatest good for the greatest number.
5. Question : Because of current communication and transportation technologies, migrant communities are getting
Smaller, because it easier to keep track of migration.
Smaller, because it is easier to do business from a person’s original home.
Larger, because it is easier to keep track of migration.
Larger, because it is easier to travel between homes.
6. Question : In his concession speech in 2000, presidential candidate Al Gore claimed to accept the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision, because the Court is “the supreme law of the land.” This view is an example of
Natural law theory.
7. Question : Libertarianism is the view that
The most just distribution of goods and services requires that stakeholders keep what is rightfully theirs unless they voluntarily give it up.
The most just distribution of goods and services requires that each stakeholder receive an equal share.
Retributive justice is a matter of restoring a convict’s former liberties.
Retributive justice is a matter of restoring a crime victim’s liberties.
8. Question : Roman Catholic dogma is an example of moral thinking based on
Formal tradition, which is also exemplified by Orthodox Christianity and Orthodox Judaism
Informal tradition, which is also exemplified by Orthodox Christianity and Orthodox Judaism
Formal personal experience, which is also exemplified by Orthodox Christianity and Orthodox Judaism.
Informal personal experience, which is also exemplified by Orthodox Christianity and Orthodox Judaism.
9. Question : Concerning the Towson University Police Chief Gerst’s treatment of an Orthodox Jewish Officer, Brown, under his command which of the following is true?
The Chief’s refusal to fire Brown is an issue of retributive justice.
The Chief’s refusal to fire Brown is an issue of libertarian justice.
The Chief’s firing of Brown is an issue of retributive justice.
The Chief’s firing of Brown is an issue of libertarian justice
10. Question : Maeve believes that an act is morally good if its consequences are good, and morally bad if its consequences are bad. Therefore, Maeve must be either
A deontologist or a regularian.
An egoist or a utilitarian.
A libertarian or an egalitarian.
An originalist or a textualist.